Roshelle Porter: Occupational Therapist
Hours available: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Roshelle completed her Masters of Occupational Therapy with Dean’s Honours in 2015 with prior studies in a Bachelor Health Science (Nutrition) and a Master of International Public Health.
Prior to commencing Occupational Therapy, Roshelle worked in health promotion and nutrition research both locally and internationally before sparking her interest in the field of Occupational Therapy.
Since graduating from her Masters, Roshelle worked for the private paediatric practice Sensational Kids OT (Kirrawee) where she supported children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Global Developmental Delay, Regulatory Disorders, Down Syndrome, Sensory Processing Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Learning Difficulties & Feeding Challenges. Additionally, within this position, Roshelle presented a New Graduate Paediatric Occupational Therapy workshop and online education to external clinics, participated in developing online educational resources for clients, families, and professionals, and supported families via Parent Coaching sessions.
Roshelle has also been involved in leading groups at Camp Connect, Sense Rugby, S.O.S Feeding Groups, Social Skills Groups, Handwriting Workshops and consulting with preschools to support the inclusion of children with additional needs. Roshelle has also completed the practicum program at Camp Jabiru.
Roshelle thoroughly enjoys engaging in professional development education and training and has completed the following courses and online education:
· Foundations in Neuroscience, Ulster University and Sensory Integration Network
· Therasuit Method, Koscielny
· S.O.S Feeding Program, Toomey
· Exploring & Applying Trauma Informed Psycho-Sensory Interventions, Kim Barthel
· Decoding Autism, Kim Barthel
· The Art of Therapy & Connection, Kim Barthel
· Understanding Trauma & Secondary Trauma, Cutts
· Therapeutic Listening®: Listening with the Whole Body, Frick & Burke
· Clinical Perspectives, Frick, Hacker & Burke
· Professional Greenspan Floortime Approach®, Greenspan & Wieder
· Traffic Jam in my Brain, Jereb
· Oral Motor Structures & Functions: Foundations for Feeding, Spiral Foundation
· Posture & Movement, NDTA Network